How To Sell For More...
Let's Talk About Selling Your Home!
Make more money when you sell by following these helpful guidelines.
As a general rule of thumb, remember that most buyers evaluate homes using criteria like the ones below. They make a decision based on what they see and how they feel about it.
- Location – Is it acceptable to them or not?
- Curb appeal – Remember, you never get a 2nd chance to make that 1st impression! Think paint and plants. Your first showing is usually online, and most internet portals show the street view as the first photo. So curb appeal is more important now than ever.
- Major repairs – Are any needed? Buyers always overestimate what major repairs will cost.
- Kitchen and bathrooms sell homes! – Do they need updating to appeal to most buyers? Check and repair caulk around showers, tubs, countertops, and sinks. Remove as much as possible from countertops. Place the remainder on a tray or in a basket. Make these rooms sparkling clean.
- Fresh paint and new flooring (when needed) normally return more than they cost you as buyers always overestimate the cost, and both can create a big impact on a buyer when fresh and new.
Your priority should be to think “hotel living”. The best hotels make guests feel at home. When selling, you should too!
- Deep clean- Clean, clean, and then clean some more!
- Declutter – Get rid of extra furniture and items you aren’t moving. It will make the rooms look larger! Now is the time to start packing for your move. Neatly stacked boxes in your storage spaces look better than cluttered shelves and floors.
- Depersonalize – Again, think “hotel living”. Put away excess pictures and posters. Buyers should be able to easily imagine themselves living there.
- A little staging always helps!
We will gladly preview your property in person, and discuss what you need to do to sell for top dollar in today’s market, without OVER-spending! In the meantime, please use the links below for instant access to helpful information related to your sale.